Monday, August 27, 2007

new ghost story

the other day, I was hangin' out inside my apartment ~ attempting to deal with my monthly visitor

and I overheard my landlord (a man with whom I have very little personal rapport) comment outside, rather off-handedly, to his friend that he didn't think anyone ever even came into his open carport, as he's never found anything missing or out of place in all the time he's lived here, unlike inside his house where stuff seemed to move around all the time......

possibly I was just bored & possibly being bored may help, too ~ but I was *hit* with this whole story/scenario that filled in much "background" & context on my landlord's lifestyle......

two little boy 'ghosts' (I don't really make the distinction between ghosts ~ earthbound, non-physical entities & spirits ~ non-physical entities who are not trapped, just visiting for whatever reasons; although I do think think that the distinction is 'real') are attached to my landlord & they 'play' with him ~ often winding him up, until he bursts into into passionate & somewhat heated debates/harangues with the neighbors (also sometimes overheard by my roommates & I) ~ the ghosts like to 'feed' off this energy & although I don't think that my landlord is consciously aware of these ghost boys' mischievous pranks & feeding habits, I do think that he has some inkling of his ghostly companions, as he tends to be somewhat of a reclusive eccentric ~ I'm guessing that he assumes most others won't "get" or accept him ~ it's kinda too bad that he ignores me, as I do *love* a good eccentric & he may be happily surprised by my uber-accepting attitude, but again, I digress....

I couldn't get these two ghost boys out of my head, once they got in. They seemed a little surprised that I noticed them & were a bit protective of their relationship with my landlord, but also kinda happy for the attention ~ ghosts are said to 'feed' on the energy of attention ~ usually fear energy, but in my case I think it was just novelty ~ over a period of a few hours, I was able to pull more details out of my ass & put together more of a story.....

I'm going to ask one of my roommates, when he returns from his current business trip, to try & confirm or dismiss some of these details from my landlord, as he has a better friendly relationship with the guy.

I think one of the ghost boys is a dead childhood friend (who died as a child), or a dead brother, or cousin.
The other one is more like an ancestor, but also a child ~ or a really immature adult ~ I *picture* him in old-fashioned clothes.
They aren't malicious, but still kinda annoying even tho they are happily connected to the landlord guy ~ they are pleased with the 'arrangement' & 'prolly help him out in odd ways, too. They psychically bat my landlord around like they were playing badminton with him as the shuttle-cock ~ he's not 'harmed' by this, but I'm sure that it frustrates him from time to time. They think it's funny to tease him ~ very much in that school yard way that elementary age school kids are prone to.

I've personally found that when ghosts 'hide' physical objects around the house on me ~ they don't necessarily have to actually move the physical object (that is said to take lots of energy for the ghost to accomplish, but is possible) ~ more often, they just mess with the 'corners' of my perception ~ veiling what I'm looking for, or counter directing my attention away from said object ~ clouding my mind, distracting me ~ much like a stage magician/illusionist does, only ghosts have better access to the inner machinations of our heads (a skill that would make Penn & Teller VERY jealous, I'm sure!).

Well, that's the bulk of it.
I'd be happy to answer any questions that people may have as the further discussion on the topic may help to spark more specific details for me & maybe this will help me break the ice with this guy, so that I can talk further with him :)

love all-ways,
mem

update: I found out from my roommate that my landlord does, in fact, have a dead brother who died VERY young ~ but I still haven't gotten the chance to talk to my landlord about any of this, yet

No comments: